About the Product
- Quiets wet and dry coughs
- Thins and loosens mucus that causes chest congestion
- Starts to work right away and lasts for 12 hours
- Extended-release bi-layer tablet
Tame your cough and chest congestion with Maximum Strength.
To fight your worst chest congestion and cough, go to the Max, Maximum Strength Mucinex® DM.
Maximum Strength Mucinex® DM gives you maximum help to fight your worst chest congestion and cough. Just one tablet helps break up mucus and control cough for 12 hours.
Major features of Maximum Strength Mucinex® DM:
- Breaks up mucus that causes chest congestion
- Controls Cough
- Lasts for 12 hours
Do not crush, chew or break tablet. Take with a full glass of water. This product can be administered without regard for the timing of meals.
Age - Dose
Adults and children 12 years of age and over:
1 tablet every 12 hours. Do not exceed 2 tablets in 24 hours.
Children under 12 years of age: do not use.
Active Ingredients (in each extended-release bi-layer tablet) - Purposes:
Dextromethorphan HBr 60 mg - Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin 1200 mg - Expectorant
Carbomer Homopolymer type B; D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake: Hypromellose, USP; Magnesium Stearate, NF; Microcrystalline Cellulose, NF; Sodium Starch Glycolate, NF.
Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or
- inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do not use:
- for children under 12 years of age
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
When using this product: Do not use more than directed.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Tamper evident: do not use if carton is open or if printed seal on blister is broken or missing. Store at 20-25 degrees Celsius (68-77 degrees Fahrenheit).